Ocarinas have appeared in various media outlets, most notably, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
- Pokémon: The Movie 2000 features a girl named Furūra (Melody in the English adaption) who plays a special instrument that appears to be an ocarina made of seashells. It is a special design, seeing as it requires rotating the right part of the instrument when playing it.
- Monty Python's The Meaning of Life has a scene where a school boy is chastised by his teacher for playing an ocarina in class.
- Bleach episodes 129, 130, and 131 featured an ocarina played by a girl named Yui and also as a necklace worn by Rangiku. 
- Kemono no Souja Erin episode 10 features a group of traveling bards performing on the street, of which one plays the ocarina.
- Naruto features an ocarina in the Menma filler arc spreading from episodes 213 to 215.
- Ar Tonelico
- An ocarina is a collectable item in the NES game Crystalis .
- The Legend of Zelda series features magical instruments and songs in several games. The ocarina is the most used instrument in such titles. It is mainly used for transportation, but has other special purposes in several games.
- A Link to the Past is the first Legend of Zelda game to feature the ocarina. It can be used to summon a bird which can transport the player to various locations. The name of the item was translated as "flute" in the English version of the game.
- Link's Awakening first features the learning of special songs on an instrument (an ocarina in this case), which has become one of the series' reoccurring themes.
- In Ocarina of Time the main character Link is given the Fairy Ocarina near the beginning of the game, which is later replaced by the Ocarina of Time. Throughout the game, Link learns twelve melodies that allows the player to solve various puzzles and teleport to previously visited locations in the game.
- Majora's Mask is a direct sequel of Ocarina of Time. The ocarina is used in a similar way to its sequel, but is used more for controlling the flow of time and less for puzzling.
- The Minish Cap features the Ocarina of Wind, which, similarly to A Link to the Past, can be used to summon a parrot from the wind temple which can transport the player to various locations with Wind Crests.
- Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete
- An ocarina can be summoned in the Nintendo DS game Scribblenauts.
- Wild Arms uses the ocarina as an item which summons the Earth Golem.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.